Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle!
Heart 
Hello everyone!

No, this is not the forum going Sawatari on you.

This thread is technically made way before the forum going back up, I'm just preparing in advance.

Welcome to the new -and hopefully more enjoyable- version of Neo Ark Cradle! This is us running on a different host as well a different forum software, MyBB. I have spent most of the downtime setting up the base forum as well as manually carrying over settings such as forum bans which did not carry over via migration.

This is just a bare bones setup, we went for stability first to ensure everything is up and running. Now that is done. Adjustments and additions (such as themes and bug fixes) are coming up later on. For now, just look around, check out the User CP and stuff.

To start with the bad:
  • Avatars have to be reuploaded. The new requirements are maximum 150x150 pixels, maximum size 100 KB.
  • Subscriptions are gone. So you'll have to resub to your favorite threads.
  • BBCode are broken, such as spoiler tags. Shadowfang is already working on a fix, but has stated it's not happening this week. You can choose to fix the formatting in your posts, or wait for Shadowfang's fix.
  • Smileys are gone, leaving only the default MyBB smileys. Certain smileys will come back for usage, certain ones will not (looking at you, rage meme faces). I'm going to look into a smiley set or two and see which one you guys'd like to use. I was thinking we could use more modern ones or something.
  • I have unfortunately nuked half of the forum rules. I don't know how it happened, my post was intact and fine before editing... may have been a last minute accidental select all + deleting due to being nigh-asleep while pulling this all-nighter. I don't have the willpower and energy to fix this, so I am leaving this to the rest of the staff to clean up. Sorry, guys. Well, sorry everyone, really. We'll get it back ASAP.
There may be further issues and errors I may have overlooked. If any of you finds a bug or things not meant to happen, please make a post in this thread about it - although Shadowfang might overrule me on this when he comes around to lift the forum downtime.

The good things!
  • We have potential for nicer themes that helps us look more attractive than an unsightly 90's website. I'll be honest, our selection on the previous forum was pretty shitty due to mods being too based on the themes rather than being more or less separate. I'm glad to be able to move on to something better without being limited in options.
  • Reputation is back! You can now give reputation to those informative or hilarious posts you wanted to thank, but didn't want to just post "Thanks". To avoid drama and complications, the reputation system is strictly positive reps only (no neutral or negative) and you can give out 15 reputation per day (i.e., rep 15 posts). The amount of reputation given doesn't stack with amount of reputation one has - everyone gives 1 reputation point regardless of their own.
  • Double posting should be no longer an issue as the forum auto merges posts made after each other.
  • Working email. The previous forum webmail was extremely difficult if not impossible to manage and get around. There were probably emails and inquiries that have been missed - but it shouldn't be that issue anymore.
  • PM inboxes can hold way more PMs now as they have been set up properly now.
  • The reply editor is way better than the basic one we had on phpBB.
  • BBCode will have to be worked on and such, but we have a way better video tag that can import videos not just from Youtube.
  • Our search function actually WORKS. Go ahead and try it out!
And.. that's where my mind gives out.

In a nutshell, report bugs and oddities and enjoy your stay at what will be hopefully an improved forum in every way possible!
If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Arynis - 05-31-2015, 03:20 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Geno - 05-31-2015, 06:21 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Ragna - 05-31-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Lia - 05-31-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Raku - 05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Lia - 05-31-2015, 09:30 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Ragna - 05-31-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Lia - 05-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Lia - 05-31-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by 1dbad - 05-31-2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle! - by Lia - 05-31-2015, 04:02 PM