Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle!
Tch....all you scrubs complaining about the brightness.....
(05-31-2015, 02:40 PM)MystikX Wrote: Tch....all you scrubs complaining about the brightness.....
We are creatures of the night. We can't stand the light.
Glad the forum's looking so good now! Good to have Rep back too, lol. And I, for one, welcome our brighter-theme overlords. Tongue Also, I switched to using the brighter Cerulean theme, I think it was, on phpBB, so I'm used to it haha.
[Image: 2EbXHVg]
[OLD BACKUP; 5D's 1-53]
Duel Links: 537-542-930

Make me translate things!
GX OST Rips (SD 1.5 ON HOLD) Help release GX/5D's tracks!
BBT - Alt. OST (Complete!)
YouTube (AMVs/etc)
GX Subbed Streaming! & Misc. Vids
Twitter/Tumblr
Also, I'm getting reports that logins may or may not work, even after password reset and getting the email for the new password. Even when I change the password myself, it still doesn't work.

I'll ask Shadowfang to look into this tonight.
If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.

I can say that I already miss the old layout?

Also, I think the quote system is going to take some getting used to.

(05-31-2015, 03:20 AM)Arynis Wrote: No, this is not the forum going Sawatari on you.
I have to admit that Sawatari was first thought reading the title. Big Grin

(05-31-2015, 03:20 AM)Arynis Wrote: I have unfortunately nuked half of the forum rules.
ANAR... I’m just kidding. I'm not going to do that.

Quote:ANAR... I’m just kidding. I'm not going to do that.
I told you, we're going to Mad Max rules. Survival of the fittest, two men enter, one man leaves.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dying time's here!"
Ark Links To Stuff
Duel Academy R:2, a Yu-Gi-Oh! RPG || Arkadia Works || The Organization || Lapse (A Webcomic)

If you didn't have such strong ideas about where the story should go, you wouldn't end up so disappointed when the writers have other ideas.

[Image: JsoS3.gif]
Just logged in for the first time since the move! It'll take some getting used to, but I'm really liking everything so far. I think I might even like it better!

And personally, I'm happy the rep system is back. (and you guys made the right call not having a negative rep option) Now I have a way to show appreciation for a post other than quoting a post or doing so silently lol.
Regarding the reputation system, if you guys would like/don't mind, we could implement a Like/Thank system to simplify it further (no reputation comments = no potential for rep abuse whatsoever). Or we can keep the current system if the Thank system would be too Facebook-y for your tastes or whatevs.

Regarding the rules, I'll put that back either today or tomorrow, depending on when I have more brainpower to function adequately.

How do you spoil things in the new system?

(05-31-2015, 02:40 PM)MystikX Wrote: Tch....all you scrubs complaining about the brightness.....

I wasn't complaining, just making an observation.
Yuma Wrote:Astral! No matter how many times I fall, no matter how many times I get laughed at, I promise to keep trying to High-Five the Sky! 'Cause when you're Feelin' The Flow, there's no goin' back!!
I was actually using the bright, defualt skin in the old forum, but on this one, I like the darker one more.

[e] Actually I change my mind. My avatar looks better with the lighter skin.
(05-31-2015, 03:49 PM)Arynis Wrote: Regarding the reputation system, if you guys would like/don't mind, we could implement a Like/Thank system to simplify it further (no reputation comments = no potential for rep abuse whatsoever). Or we can keep the current system if the Thank system would be too Facebook-y for your tastes or whatevs.

How about "Kudo/s"? Although it's more like respect and recognition rather than thank and like. But I kinda like how it sounds, despite the word being a slang. 
"Like" truly reminds me too much of Facebook and I really hate that website, no matter that I have a profile page. =_= But at the end it doesn't really matter. I'll go with whatever you guys decide.
(05-31-2015, 03:49 PM)Arynis Wrote: Regarding the reputation system, if you guys would like/don't mind, we could implement a Like/Thank system to simplify it further (no reputation comments = no potential for rep abuse whatsoever). Or we can keep the current system if the Thank system would be too Facebook-y for your tastes or whatevs.

Regarding the rules, I'll put that back either today or tomorrow, depending on when I have more brainpower to function adequately.

Well i guess being all Facebooky wont hurt.
Also you heard the man we have 24 hours to plunder this thing to kingdom come.
HAUNTER HAS TO FLIP OVER. HAUNTER ANGRY. HAUNTER SMASH...SPOOK....FFFFFFFFFF-

The forum looks great, actually. It's much easier to use on my phone tbh. A darker color would be better, but it's not too much on my eyes. Then again, I have the brightness on low anyway.

I'll take a Like system over a rep system. Been there, done that. I have experience with a MyBB forum. And a rep system never worked and always caused so much drama and favoritism. Even when they took away neutral and negative reps, people still found a way to abuse. I wouldn't bother with it.
Decks:

Yugioh - Frightfur | D/D | Phantom Knights (building)
Cardfight Vanguard - Kagero [Stride] | Deletors [LJ] | Metalborgs [DP] | Ripples [AqF] (want to build)
Force of Will - Wizard of Oz Aggro [G] | Gill Lapis [B] (will build)
The Neo New Forum looks great. Only with less blue color around. Still it'll probably take some time to get used to it.
But nonetheless I really enjoy the new look!
Also, is it possible to do something about the 500-character limit on sigs? I'd like to update the link in my Comparison Site's banner, but I'd also like to keep the other links there, and I don't know how else to condense 350 characters. XD;
[Image: 2EbXHVg]
[OLD BACKUP; 5D's 1-53]
Duel Links: 537-542-930

Make me translate things!
GX OST Rips (SD 1.5 ON HOLD) Help release GX/5D's tracks!
BBT - Alt. OST (Complete!)
YouTube (AMVs/etc)
GX Subbed Streaming! & Misc. Vids
Twitter/Tumblr
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do the gold stars under our user titles signify?
I think it has to do with the numbers.of posts.
The.more posts the more stars
I actually don't know what they mean as well, lol.

I actually like the thank you/like one better than reputation.
Who's pro reputation? And who's not? Tongue
[Image: aqIbUIAT_400x400.jpg]
Yeah, the stars are your post-number. They correlate to the user-title that displays below your Username. After a certain number of posts, you get a new star, and a new user-title.
[Image: od86UXp.png]

MakoVERZ789 Wrote:I'd LOVE to become a hooker for a card game!!!
This looks so weird omg my eyes

EDIT: Oh, this forum is faster, NICE!
Okay, I'm feeling like a fish out of water right now. It'll take me a couple of weeks to get used to this new forum, just gotta hang in there 'till then. I'll never get used to the lack of my favorite smilies though. My heart is broken in a thousand pieces.

So, do we no longer have the spoiler tab and the strike features, or do them just require a different code?
(05-31-2015, 05:15 PM)GigaRex Wrote: I think it has to do with the numbers.of posts.
The.more posts the more stars

(05-31-2015, 05:29 PM)CedaЯMill Wrote: Yeah, the stars are your post-number. They correlate to the user-title that displays below your Username. After a certain number of posts, you get a new star, and a new user-title.
Oh, okay. Thanks!
I'll be honest, I'm feeling like a fish out of water. It'll take me a couple of weeks to get used to the new forum (but I'll never ever get used to the lack of my favorite smilies) (my heart is broken in a thousand pieces) (give me back my awesome cookie monster)

Do we still have the spoiler tab and striked text features with different codes or do they no longer exist?
I missed this little notification...

[Image: ttsS7Db.png]
Also, question, what do pink highlighted post mean exactly?
OMG everything is so white, and no more troll face...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still the reputation bit is very nice, oh and the site is a bit faster! (yay!)
A 'Like' system would be better I feel. That way people can see if Posts have value at a glance. As opposed to the person. For anyone can write a good or bad post once in a blue.

i like the update. the titles are a nice addition especially since it's clearer who is banned now. thanks ary and shadow!

i prefer likes over reputation as well. maybe make a poll on this matter?
tsk
I never, ever post despite saying I'd start as soon as ARC-V started but all my lurking aside I just wanted to say the new forum looks really good! The white doesn't bother me as much since I've always used the white theme (idk how some of you could use the dark blue one it wasn't very appealing to my eyes) but I do agree in the actual threads so much white jumbles things up a bit. But other than that I really like it a lot! It's neat. 

(Also yea new smilies would be good for those that post).
(05-31-2015, 03:53 PM)J. D. Guy Wrote: How do you spoil things in the new system?

The spoiler code isn't up yet. We need to decide how to fix the broken ones, as well for some reason the code keeps breaking on me when I test it in the sandbox. I do not want broken^2 code. ):

(05-31-2015, 04:02 PM)Lia Wrote: How about "Kudo/s"? Although it's more like respect and recognition rather than thank and like. But I kinda like how it sounds, despite the word being a slang.  
"Like" truly reminds me too much of Facebook and I really hate that website, no matter that I have a profile page. =_= But at the end it doesn't really matter. I'll go with whatever you guys decide.

Well I was asking because the plugin I have my eyes on has the option to be named either Like or Thank. No Kudos, unfortunately.

(05-31-2015, 04:33 PM)ActuallyIsVector Wrote: HAUNTER HAS TO FLIP OVER. HAUNTER ANGRY. HAUNTER SMASH...SPOOK....FFFFFFFFFF-

The forum looks great, actually. It's much easier to use on my phone tbh. A darker color would be better, but it's not too much on my eyes. Then again, I have the brightness on low anyway.

I'll take a Like system over a rep system. Been there, done that. I have experience with a MyBB forum. And a rep system never worked and always caused so much drama and favoritism. Even when they took away neutral and negative reps, people still found a way to abuse. I wouldn't bother with it.

Well, if the reputation system isn't that good in the first place, then it's all the reason to replace it. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.

(05-31-2015, 04:44 PM)Lance99 Wrote: Also, is it possible to do something about the 500-character limit on sigs? I'd like to update the link in my Comparison Site's banner, but I'd also like to keep the other links there, and I don't know how else to condense 350 characters. XD;

Sure thing, I can look into increasing the limit.

(05-31-2015, 05:33 PM)Kankurou Wrote: Okay, I'm feeling like a fish out of water right now. It'll take me a couple of weeks to get used to this new forum, just gotta hang in there 'till then. I'll never get used to the lack of my favorite smilies though. My heart is broken in a thousand pieces.

So, do we no longer have the spoiler tab and the strike features, or do them just require a different code?

We'll bring back smileys in the near future. Just stability before fluff.

Strike is there, it's the S button in the editor. Spoiler code isn't implemented yet.

Quote:Also, question, what do pink highlighted post mean exactly?

It means the post awaits approval... which means Kankurou was the first Moderator to fall victim to expose my mishap with the Moderator permissions. Oops. I tweaked a few settings, it should be okay now, but let me know if you still dazzle in pink highlights.

Quote:i prefer likes over reputation as well. maybe make a poll on this matter?

Sure thing.

(05-31-2015, 06:59 PM)Arynis Wrote: It means the post awaits approval... which means Kankurou was the first Moderator to fall victim to expose my mishap with the Moderator permissions. Oops. I tweaked a few settings, it should be okay now, but let me know if you still dazzle in pink highlights.
Pfft, it's fine, thanks for the fix which reminds me I need to learn how the new ACP works....
(05-31-2015, 06:27 PM)mshends Wrote: OMG everything is so white, and no more troll face...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

But still the reputation bit is very nice, oh and the site is a bit faster! (yay!)
Tbh, we decided against the rage faces as they had gotten at least one member on more moderation then was required as they made them seem much more hostile than they intended.
Ark Links To Stuff
Duel Academy R:2, a Yu-Gi-Oh! RPG || Arkadia Works || The Organization || Lapse (A Webcomic)

If you didn't have such strong ideas about where the story should go, you wouldn't end up so disappointed when the writers have other ideas.

[Image: JsoS3.gif]
Oh lord. So all posts need to wait for approval? I wrote that post again thinking it wasn't sent, now both posts just appeared there. o.O Ugh. I'm confused.

Edit: Okay, this post appeared just as I sent it. So was that just a small new-mechanisms trouble, Ary?
This was unexpected, but it's looking really good! Thanks for the hard work!

Sure it'll take some time to get used to the new design, but the change was for the better. The hardest thing to do will be changing the way my avatar is facing (2hard photoshop skills)
[Image: fljkocF.png]
(05-31-2015, 07:23 PM)Kankurou Wrote: Oh lord. So all posts need to wait for approval? I wrote that post again thinking it wasn't sent, now both posts just appeared there. o.O Ugh. I'm confused.

Edit: Okay, this post appeared just as I sent it. So was that just a small new-mechanisms trouble, Ary?

No no, they needed them before until I fixed it. I misinterpreted an option and accidentally made it so every post and thread you made were requiring approval. It should be okay now, but if anyone goes through similar issues, let me know and I'll check permissions.

Also, post your feedback on the reputation system matter here: http://188.166.126.212/forum/showthread.php?tid=4835

(05-31-2015, 07:06 PM)NeoArkadia Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 06:27 PM)mshends Wrote: OMG everything is so white, and no more troll face...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbh, we decided against the rage faces as they had gotten at least one member on more moderation then was required as they made them seem much more hostile than they intended.

Being honest, I was rather feeling those "fugly faces" were kinda, well, on the unseemly side. I can't say I'll miss them. At all.
Yuma Wrote:Astral! No matter how many times I fall, no matter how many times I get laughed at, I promise to keep trying to High-Five the Sky! 'Cause when you're Feelin' The Flow, there's no goin' back!!
I didn't realize that the forums update was already done. The link to the site that I have in my bookmarks didn't work, so I just assumed that it was still being worked on until I did a quick search for the site to see if it was just that link. I really like the new look. It's so shiny. It is brighter than the darker theme I was using before, but this might grow on me. It will be stranger to see avatars on the left side again instead of on the right side like I did before. I might try the darker theme later, but this default one is growing on me.

The updates sound pretty good and I'm glad that it seemed to have worked out given how hard I'm sure it was on the staff.
The website URL shows the site's IP address when I went to visit the forums. Is that a bug, or is that temporary?
It's temporary, it's awhile for things regarding the forum move to be fully updated.
Hate to be that guy yet again, but the loss of the "rage" faces seems like a mistake. This is 2015. If you take a rage face seriously and feel you need protection from it then you're probably like 80 years old. This isn't really the topic for that, though I guess.
And once I’d be fed up with it, even my memories will be deleted