Poll: What do you think would be our best option?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Out with the downloads, in with donations and/or ads!
56.86%
29 56.86%
Keep the downloads, let's try a free server
37.25%
19 37.25%
Other (Please post your idea in the thread!)
5.88%
3 5.88%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[URGENT] NAC Hosting Issues - We need YOUR Feedback!
Tendencially, I think, we most probably need to exclude the DL-section somehow, to have access to funding via donations and advertisements. The question is 'how do we do that' because, it is a hell of a lot of work in there and actually quite a few fans rely on it.
For the time being, I can offer my now 'private' blog (which has most of the links in anyways), as a temporary feature at least, depending on what Umi will prefer (looks like he would take this as a compromise, until a better solution will pop up). But I will keep it private, so people will have to register there to access the links, because all the links will be down in a jiffy due to DMCA complaints, as soon as Google and other search engines get a glimpse of the links. I am (and Umi is) fed up with the DMCA complaints and re-uploading.

Also, I am looking into how to set up the whole thing as some kind of archive to be accessed via IRC (which, honestly, I think is a more secure option). But then we would need to move our irc from Darkmyst to Rizon, probably. Darkmyst mainly is for roleplay and not very fond of XDCC-bots, from what I heard. Also, we would need to pay a server, again, to where the whole archive goes.
Well, all these are thoughts about options, but I try to make myself more knowlegable about the IRC-stuff, in case we need it.
I am looking for help making a multi-language global release of Pikaia: Visit this thread
[Image: bade-astral-spezial.png]
I had to hide my blog - Ich musste mein Blog verstecken - The gate is here:   Gate to my Blog

Messages In This Thread
Re: [URGENT] NAC Hosting Issues - We need YOUR Feedback! - by 闇の女王ヤミ - 08-05-2014, 02:53 PM