Regarding the Arc-V 46 Thread and the Forum's Warning System
Ragna, like I said before (thread 46). The point is not, that someone IS dissenting. I dissent with other people's opinion here a lot, others dissent with me. No problem for me. I make my point, put my arguments, we listen to each other, respect each other. And lots of others dissent with each others here but find a way to respect opinions they themselves don't stand for.
I'm no member on Pojo, and don't like going there. I don't know what happens there apart from the occasional search-for-something-click-Pojo-link.
So, the ways people use or can use to put their dissent seems to be the point of all the commotion here. Very primary RL and online guide line, as I see it, would be: 'Treat others with the same respect as you want to be treated'.

I make up an example:
Opinion: "Dat Yuzeh from 5Ps is a joke duelist, only plot armour, the whole thing is a freakin piece of shit. What were they thinking, people would like such an over-drawn Jezzas fangirl bait?"
"DuelMuppets with that schizo punk (...)"

In these opinions indeed are valid points of criticism. Concerning 5Ds, Yusei HAS plot armour. Yusei HAS a lot of fangirls. DM: Yugi indeed has a double personality. These opinions aren't directly attacking/quoting/naming anyone. But the ways they are put disrespects and hurts quite a few people's feelings, mainly those, who like 5Ds/Yusei/DuelMonsters/Yugi/Atem, and even puts those aback who are just watching it because of entertainment.
If posts or opinions in the like manner come frequently from one person, I as a moderator think
a) Can other, more sensitive people be hurt in their feelings, especially because over time this seems to be the only way, the person posting is willing to articulate itself? Would I myself be hurt in my feelings, if someone talks like that about something I like? Would I be able to discuss the valid points in this or would there be no point at all in discussing them, as they seem to be put in such a provoking, agressive tone that I feel like I can't defend with anything else but knives? b) What is that person's problem?

This is no cercle-jerk and no hunting down of a poor, opressed person. Not at all. I would welcome discussions with TK, because his opinions, though sometimes contrary to mine, have validity. The reflect observations he has made that I might have overseen and that come from his point of view. Solely. If the arguments are brought well and in a respecting manner, me, or anyone else reading his posts, will think about what he said and may move our/their own opinion. But it also would mean for him to accept other opinions having an equal status to his own opinions.
The valitity of an argument is NOT verified by the amount of witty verbal spits and knives it is dressed up with and this amount does in no way make an argument the single valid argument in the whole wide universe.

Actually, I am rather tired of this. I would like it very much, if people wouldn't think, just because someone has a different opinion on something, they are deadly enemies and proactively start fighting like there is no tomorrow...

Also, there is a line between silly jokes and abusing jokes to express the superiority of ones point of view.
I am looking for help making a multi-language global release of Pikaia: Visit this thread
[Image: bade-astral-spezial.png]
I had to hide my blog - Ich musste mein Blog verstecken - The gate is here:   Gate to my Blog

Messages In This Thread
Re: Regarding the Arc-V 46 Thread and the Forum's Warning Sy - by 闇の女王ヤミ - 03-17-2015, 07:00 AM