Welcome to the New Neo Ark Cradle!
Heart 
Hello everyone!

No, this is not the forum going Sawatari on you.

This thread is technically made way before the forum going back up, I'm just preparing in advance.

Welcome to the new -and hopefully more enjoyable- version of Neo Ark Cradle! This is us running on a different host as well a different forum software, MyBB. I have spent most of the downtime setting up the base forum as well as manually carrying over settings such as forum bans which did not carry over via migration.

This is just a bare bones setup, we went for stability first to ensure everything is up and running. Now that is done. Adjustments and additions (such as themes and bug fixes) are coming up later on. For now, just look around, check out the User CP and stuff.

To start with the bad:
  • Avatars have to be reuploaded. The new requirements are maximum 150x150 pixels, maximum size 100 KB.
  • Subscriptions are gone. So you'll have to resub to your favorite threads.
  • BBCode are broken, such as spoiler tags. Shadowfang is already working on a fix, but has stated it's not happening this week. You can choose to fix the formatting in your posts, or wait for Shadowfang's fix.
  • Smileys are gone, leaving only the default MyBB smileys. Certain smileys will come back for usage, certain ones will not (looking at you, rage meme faces). I'm going to look into a smiley set or two and see which one you guys'd like to use. I was thinking we could use more modern ones or something.
  • I have unfortunately nuked half of the forum rules. I don't know how it happened, my post was intact and fine before editing... may have been a last minute accidental select all + deleting due to being nigh-asleep while pulling this all-nighter. I don't have the willpower and energy to fix this, so I am leaving this to the rest of the staff to clean up. Sorry, guys. Well, sorry everyone, really. We'll get it back ASAP.
There may be further issues and errors I may have overlooked. If any of you finds a bug or things not meant to happen, please make a post in this thread about it - although Shadowfang might overrule me on this when he comes around to lift the forum downtime.

The good things!
  • We have potential for nicer themes that helps us look more attractive than an unsightly 90's website. I'll be honest, our selection on the previous forum was pretty shitty due to mods being too based on the themes rather than being more or less separate. I'm glad to be able to move on to something better without being limited in options.
  • Reputation is back! You can now give reputation to those informative or hilarious posts you wanted to thank, but didn't want to just post "Thanks". To avoid drama and complications, the reputation system is strictly positive reps only (no neutral or negative) and you can give out 15 reputation per day (i.e., rep 15 posts). The amount of reputation given doesn't stack with amount of reputation one has - everyone gives 1 reputation point regardless of their own.
  • Double posting should be no longer an issue as the forum auto merges posts made after each other.
  • Working email. The previous forum webmail was extremely difficult if not impossible to manage and get around. There were probably emails and inquiries that have been missed - but it shouldn't be that issue anymore.
  • PM inboxes can hold way more PMs now as they have been set up properly now.
  • The reply editor is way better than the basic one we had on phpBB.
  • BBCode will have to be worked on and such, but we have a way better video tag that can import videos not just from Youtube.
  • Our search function actually WORKS. Go ahead and try it out!
And.. that's where my mind gives out.

In a nutshell, report bugs and oddities and enjoy your stay at what will be hopefully an improved forum in every way possible!
If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.

YAAAAAAAY!!!! XD

I was told it went down a few hours ago, and Sato (SET0O0) told me the forum went back up, but it took me a minute to realize that my bookmarked link didnt quite match up, so I didn't see it at first. XP

LOOKS SHINEEEEE!!! Tongue

Ok, noticin' off the bat, WE NEEDZ OUR EMOTES BACK!!!!

Also, I must put my Skullbuggy avy back up.....and adjust the sig link, too....
Hitotsu ni, hitotsu ni,
Hitotsu all the waaaaaaay,
Oh what fun it is to ride
TO THE APOCALYPSE TODAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY!!

G(M)FC = Geebus (Mother)Fucking Chrysler, in case anyone gets confused....because apparently it also stands for something else I'm not gonna mention. X/
I kept coming back during the day, as I kept forgetting that the forum was moving.

Good to see it up - and I'm glad you guys went for stability first, as opposed to fancying it up first. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds - looking forward to whenever new skins come in particularly.
/options tinkering noises in the background

Good to hear themes'll be back eventually, I'm so used to browsing NAC with the darker themes that having one as bright as this is a bit 'holy shit' on the eyes. Still, looks like things went pretty well, and some of the new stuff's pretty neat so I'll be poking around with that...
[Image: tumblr_pc857aSKR61rzcpvjo1_400.gif]
As a product of the Nineties shoved rudely into the new century, I kinda like retro. But this current theme reminds me that light exists, and almost killed my eyes since I am usually adjusted to the forum darkness. Happy about the changes though. But I might have to migrate to a computer now, since my phone seems to be giving up the ghost on this site now. (Crying smilies are of the utmost importance as of now! )

Have to fix the size in my sig now too, SMH.
Quote:I have unfortunately nuked half of the forum rules. I don't know how it happened, my post was intact and fine before editing... may have been a last minute accidental select all + deleting due to being nigh-asleep while pulling this all-nighter. I don't have the willpower and energy to fix this, so I am leaving this to the rest of the staff to clean up. Sorry, guys. Well, sorry everyone, really. We'll get it back ASAP.
Which means until further notice, boys and girls, we're running on Thunderdome rules.

(I kid, I kid)

Also dear god, get me darker skins ASAP
Ark Links To Stuff
Duel Academy R:2, a Yu-Gi-Oh! RPG || Arkadia Works || The Organization || Lapse (A Webcomic)

If you didn't have such strong ideas about where the story should go, you wouldn't end up so disappointed when the writers have other ideas.

[Image: JsoS3.gif]
You guys are mole people. XP

....Yeah, it IS a little bright, tho. XD

WOOFUCKINGHOO REP IS BACK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that the system is way more balanced than the last one. I'd much rather rep a post than tryin to stuff all the good ones into my sig every so often. XP

.....FUCKING FINALLY, DOUBLE-POST AUTO-MERGE WOOHOO!!!! XD
Hitotsu ni, hitotsu ni,
HEY!!

G(M)FC = Geebus (Mother)Fucking Chrysler, in case anyone gets confused....because apparently it also stands for something else I'm not gonna mention. X/
Big Grin 
A mighty good luck to this new site.  Big Grin

So much white!!

That aside, I welcome this Neo New Ark Cradle, just as long as it doesn't try to destroy the Earth ala SA2

(05-31-2015, 03:20 AM)Arynis Wrote:
  • I have unfortunately nuked half of the forum rules. I don't know how it happened, my post was intact and fine before editing... may have been a last minute accidental select all + deleting due to being nigh-asleep while pulling this all-nighter. I don't have the willpower and energy to fix this, so I am leaving this to the rest of the staff to clean up. Sorry, guys. Well, sorry everyone, really. We'll get it back ASAP.

And with that stated, guess it's time for ANARCHY!!!!! ANARCHY!!!!

Also, the whole "url being a IP address" thing will fix itself, right?
[Image: 99osMiB.gif]
An Anon from 4chan Wrote:So far, 5Ds is the best one overall, but according to my list, I actually like the others almost equally well (yes I liked GX too).
Zexal can die in a fire though. It's the Sonic 06 of Yugioh IMO.
I actually really like the new changes!
Now just to find my avatar pic again... Lol
[Image: aqIbUIAT_400x400.jpg]
I knew I should have backed up my avatar...

Looks good so far, it's still going to take awhile to get used to this new look though.
Hmm. It's very bright.

Why is the URL Address numbers?

Also, it seems I'mma need to get me an Avatar.....
Yuma Wrote:Astral! No matter how many times I fall, no matter how many times I get laughed at, I promise to keep trying to High-Five the Sky! 'Cause when you're Feelin' The Flow, there's no goin' back!!
Ok, yeah, this is finally startin' to sear my eyes a bit.....
Hitotsu ni, hitotsu ni,
HEY!!

Sorry admins, but I defied your orders and didn't go outside or sleep during the entire time the website was down.

http://i.imgur.com/IHhXJVK.png
I actually chuckled when I read that  Tongue
[Image: aqIbUIAT_400x400.jpg]
Quote:Why is the URL Address numbers?
http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/dns-rev-1.gif
Basically certain stuff hasn't caught up to date, DWAI (don't worry about it)
Ark Links To Stuff
Duel Academy R:2, a Yu-Gi-Oh! RPG || Arkadia Works || The Organization || Lapse (A Webcomic)

If you didn't have such strong ideas about where the story should go, you wouldn't end up so disappointed when the writers have other ideas.

Are PMs working?
Yes.

I was PM'd earlier.
Ark Links To Stuff

(05-31-2015, 06:56 AM)NeoArkadia Wrote: Yes.

I was PM'd earlier.

Because I tried PMing you earlier about something and never got a response.  Big Grin
*puts clip-on shades onto glasses while searching the CP settings in vain for a way to make the forum dark again* Always good to have a backup plan, I guess.
Me, when trying some new jank deck: It's gonna work great this time!
[Image: rodkTOW.png]
There is no option to make the forum dark again.

I'll bother Ary about it when she revives from being a dead husk a human.
Also before anyone asks, we won't be adding neg rep as it's the fast way to turn the forum into a flaming rage pit.
Ark Links To Stuff

Was i the only one using one of the light themes?
[Image: ynj0cGJ.png]
I was using the main theme because the themes I liked weren't supported to the point where certain random things got... weird. Like some images would stretch the page and some other stuff didn't post right, so I went to the default theme. I had a hard time reading that one. This one is a bit bright for my taste, but I can read it with the text not being almost the same color as the background and tell each post apart much easier so that's good.
And once I’d be fed up with it, even my memories will be deleted
I really prefer dark themes, but have no problem using a light default one if it's necessary. For me adding different skins isn't such an urgent issue right now. The current theme in the moment is comfortable in terms of text visibility and tools position, so I can carry on with it for a long time. Wink
The only thing I don't like being revived is the rep system. It's nice we don't have negative rep option, but I still don't find this system needed. But I won't kill anyone because it's up again. Will have to get used to it.
So THAT'S the forum message I heard mentioned! XD

Because my bookmarked link was of the site while I was logged in, I didn't get to see it. XP
Hitotsu ni, hitotsu ni,
HEY!!

(05-31-2015, 04:48 AM)a-hole Wrote: Ok, noticin' off the bat, WE NEEDZ OUR EMOTES BACK!!!!

Yeah, we'll get to it, don't worry.

(05-31-2015, 05:01 AM)Ruby Rose Wrote: I kept coming back during the day, as I kept forgetting that the forum was moving.

Good to see it up - and I'm glad you guys went for stability first, as opposed to fancying it up first. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds - looking forward to whenever new skins come in particularly.

Indeed, it was Shadowfang's suggestion to get the basics done first. Which was quite a lifesaver considering I was staying up all night for setting things up. Having to work on more on my own would have been overkill. I think I overworked myself as is, haha.

(05-31-2015, 05:11 AM)DarkMaelstrom Wrote: As a product of the Nineties shoved rudely into the new century, I kinda like retro. But this current theme reminds me that light exists, and almost killed my eyes since I am usually adjusted to the forum darkness. Happy about the changes though. But I might have to migrate to a computer now, since my phone seems to be giving up the ghost on this site now. (Crying smilies are of the utmost importance as of now! )

Have to fix the size in my sig now too, SMH.

Oh don't worry, I do enjoy retro too. I just felt that all things considered, the default dark theme for phpBB we had wasn't the best looking option and we could have done better.

(05-31-2015, 05:32 AM)a-hole Wrote: WOOFUCKINGHOO REP IS BACK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that the system is way more balanced than the last one. I'd much rather rep a post than tryin to stuff all the good ones into my sig every so often. XP

.....FUCKING FINALLY, DOUBLE-POST AUTO-MERGE WOOHOO!!!! XD

Indeed. This current reputation system mirrors vBulletin's somewhat more, or maybe what existed on Zetaboards.

And yes, the auto-merge feature is a really, really nice addition.

(05-31-2015, 06:03 AM)MephistoDP Wrote: Also, the whole "url being a IP address" thing will fix itself, right?
(05-31-2015, 06:24 AM)J. D. Guy Wrote: Why is the URL Address numbers?

The URL is currently an IP address rather than a proper website address. DNS transfer will take a while, see Ark's post on the matter: http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/dns-rev-1.gif

(05-31-2015, 06:27 AM)Pokemon Wrote: Sorry admins, but I defied your orders and didn't go outside or sleep during the entire time the website was down.

http://i.imgur.com/IHhXJVK.png

Haha Big Grin

(05-31-2015, 06:33 AM)zoroZoldyck Wrote: I actually chuckled when I read that  Tongue

That's Shadowfang for you.

re: skins, there will be definitely a darker one, no worries. I'll be looking into it. Though, You might have to stick with the default for a while, so hang in there.

I just want to say how fun I find the fact that changing User Names can now be done in the CP.

Wooo, it works!
[Image: YFrnz2P.png]
PSN, Skype, Steam: YamiMario
DeviantArt, Tumblr, YouTube
And I'm glad avatars can be automatically resized to fit forum's requirements like in Janime. I just have to make the pic in square form....and maybe less than 100 KB. But won't have to play with the pixels, which is something that have always annoyed me.

As for the name change option - I don't know if I like that or not. Same feelings as with rep system. If it's up - fine. If it's not - ok. But yup - it works.

But we definitely have to think about the forum banner! May be make a contest-like-thread with new suggestions, like in Janime. As far as I remember, people used to like making forum banners. Especially those who use photoshop often.
Quick question. Is a visitor message system like we had on Janime an option or is that still a no go?
And once I’d be fed up with it, even my memories will be deleted
(05-31-2015, 09:30 AM)Lia Wrote: But we definitely have to think about the forum banner! May be make a contest-like-thread with new suggestions, like in Janime. As far as I remember, people used to like making forum banners. Especially those who use photoshop often.

I think that's definitely doable. The old NAC banner can be more or less fit into at least the default theme, but given how MyBB is more rectangular in terms of layout, a refitting might be a better idea. There's the matter of installed themes too, when we get down to it - they may or may not need their own headers.

(05-31-2015, 09:36 AM)Ragna Wrote: Quick question. Is a visitor message system like we had on Janime an option or is that still a no go?

There's a plugin for it, so it's doable on paper - however, back when I tested it via XAMPP, it was rather buggy with one of the forum themes I liked. Which kind of crosses into nnngh category because custom fixing such things suck. My tech knowledge is limited especially when it comes to code (PHP, CSS) which means I'm kind of helpless with such matters.

On the other hand, that testing was done months ago so it's possible the issue is fixed now, or is fixable (i.e., someone posted on how to fix it). So I'll just need to check via XAMPP first.

Added a simple dark theme for your darkness needs, called Dark 1.8. Unfortunately the top banner is broken and I have no FTP access for the time being to fix image paths, but it should take care of brightness issues for now. You can change themes from your User CP or from the dropdown menu located at the bottom of the page.

Thank you pretty much, although it wasn't so urgent. Still, it'll work fine for now. Wink The dropdown menu with themes is always on the bottom of the page, so that's nice. We can change skins even if we're not in CP. Smile
Ironically, now that it's daylight here, my eyes seem to have readjusted to it. XD
Hitotsu ni, hitotsu ni,
HEY!!

Firstly, muahahaha, I claim Blaster Dark "Diablo" for my avatar Tongue

New forum looks cool. I like the brighter theme, looking forward to getting the banner back, and search function working is godly. Thanks for your work, Ary Smile
I walk the shadowed path.
New forum looks great. I hope people backed up the MEGA links because jesus everything got broken..fast..
I didn't but everything I have has been fixed now.
Mega links aren't lost and still work, but the lists don't look very neat. Unless those that are hyperlinked like in Yami's download threads. Still, it's not something that can't be fixed.
So more skins in the future? I want something that will merge user info with their post. It looks like a lot of screen estate is taken by the avatar being separated from the content of the post. Currently i disabled the [X] show user avatar much better navigation.
Just a suggestion nothing hanging on life or death.
(05-31-2015, 01:35 PM)GigaRex Wrote: So more skins in the future? I want something that will merge user info with their post. It looks like a lot of screen estate is taken by the avatar being separated from the content of the post. Currently i disabled the [X] show user avatar much better navigation.
Just a suggestion nothing hanging on life or death.

Yeah, more skins are coming up, at least one I think would go well with the forum.

We could look into adding more info to the postbit, like additional usergroups (e.g., Moderator + Donator) or anything that could be worthy of display, like dunno... nationality or favorite deck/clan/archetype/whathaveyou.

Nice to see it back up XD.

Also, it's going to take me a while to get use to it XD.
Fukou da.

[Image: zmxqp0.jpg]