IAmA - I am the sysadmin who moved your forum. AMA!
Heart 
*crawls out from under the damp sysadmin rock*

First of all, thank you all for your patience and support during this forum move.
Your staff has spent an enormous amount of time and effort getting things up and running again!

As you might know, the phpBB3 forum was using up a lot of resources, requiring us to pay for a really expensive server.
The myBB forum allows for easier upgrades, more stable plugins and a lot more performance.
Now we are running the system in something the equivalent of an eighties calculator and it's still fast.

Briefly scanning through your questions I have compiled this FAQ-type list.
Feel free to ask if something is not on the list, I will edit this post as more stuff gets fixed (or broken, for that matter)

Forum availability
- We have opened up the search, which was completely unusable in phpBB3 (it basically blocked forum access for everyone while a search was done)
- We have enough resources to open the forum read-only for non-members

General
- Your password might not work. Resetting your password should fix this
- Mail from the forum might end up in the spam folder, as we now use a gmail account
- The forum redirects to 188.166.126.212, as we are having some issues getting our domain name pointing to the right place. Within a few weeks this will be back to neoarkcradle.net
- Avatars are a different size, I tried converting them, but they get all skewed
- If you have some heirloom avatar that has been in the family for centuries and can't be found anymore, let me know and I'll try to dig it up from the backups
- I am really disappointed the downtime was not used to sleep or go outside

- [spoiler] and [url] BBCodes have been fixed
- [strike] is still not fixed everywhere, but is on my TODO-list
- Postlinks and smileys look like poop. This needs to be fixed in the database and requires an extensive amount of testing to make sure none of your prose gets zapped in the process.

Tapatalk
- Tapatalk is upgraded to work with the new forum
- A pretty picture is still missing (as it was with the old forum)
- If tapatalk does not work, log in again, your old credentials are linked to the old forum

Heart  Shadow
[+] 2 users Like Shadowfang's post
I would just like to thank you for all the hard work you've done Shadow. The new place looks really nice and fixing the spoiler deal was a god send. Thanx a lot!!
Thank you, Shadow, for your and the other admins' hard work on the forum. Everything looks really nice and comfortable to get used to quickly.
(06-02-2015, 06:04 AM)Shadowfang Wrote: - I am really disappointed the downtime was not used to sleep or go outside

[Image: 060.png]

How much sleep did you get that night then, Shadowfang?  Tongue
[Image: Wiki-wordmark.png] [Image: Wiki-wordmark.png]
Head Bureaucrat at Beyblade Wiki and B-Daman Wiki.
If you have any queries about either Wiki, leave me a message and I'll reply ASAP.
(06-02-2015, 08:26 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: How much sleep did you get that night then, Shadowfang?  Tongue

Actually, I had a good 4 hours nap, thanks for asking.
Which would you rather have:

A fancy pie or a healthy meal.
Ark Links To Stuff
Duel Academy R:2, a Yu-Gi-Oh! RPG || Arkadia Works || The Organization || Lapse (A Webcomic)

If you didn't have such strong ideas about where the story should go, you wouldn't end up so disappointed when the writers have other ideas.

[Image: JsoS3.gif]
(06-02-2015, 09:16 AM)NeoArkadia Wrote: Which would you rather have:

A fancy pie or a healthy meal.

A healthy meal. Preferrably in the form of a fancy pie. Like a Vegan Shepherds Pie. I like where this is going though. Ph00d.
Quote:I am really disappointed the downtime was not used to sleep or go outside

But I sleep and go outside all the time. So I decided to shake things up and habitually check this place all day.

Thank you and everyone else so much though for all this effort. The new forum is shaping up to be really nice.
Can someone explain to me how exactly to use the

[Image: c6WUv5i.png?1]

Youtube code doesn't seem to work, not sure if Fang has yet to get to that or if there is a new [x][/x] formula I need for videos. I don't mind doing everything manually, but if there is a better method I'd appreciate knowing
(06-02-2015, 07:30 PM)ЯeΛɘrzɐႨ Wrote: Youtube code doesn't seem to work, not sure if Fang has yet to get to that or if there is a new [x][/x] formula I need for videos. I don't mind doing everything manually, but if there is a better method I'd appreciate knowing

It seems the Dark 1.8-theme does not have those fancy buttons in the reply box.
There should be a [video] tag available if your eyes cannot get used to the light skin, wich has quite a fancy-schmancy editor bar
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g[/video]

I can't get it to work. I could just go to the white when I need to, but if there is a code for it, then I'd be interested in learning it
Thank you, Shadow and everyone in the staff for all of your hard work. The new forums look great and I'm glad that the transition went along pretty smoothly. I'll have to look into my email account since I'm still not getting the email notifications, but it's good to know that it's more on my end of things rather than the site, if only so that it doesn't mean more work for you or the other staff members.
As blasphemous to the NAC's signature blue as this may be, I REALLY like the Dark 1.8, more than the blue even to be honest. The staff worked really hard, they kept the download forums, and moved most things over with little to no issues. Thanks a lot guys!!!
(06-03-2015, 03:59 AM)ЯeΛɘrzɐႨ Wrote: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g[/video]

I can't get it to work. I could just go to the white when I need to, but if there is a code for it, then I'd be interested in learning it

I suggest you stick with the default theme if you want to embed videos. MyBB doesn't use these codes the same way as phpBB3.
In MyBB you get the default editor which generates the codes for you. If you add any code manually, it will convert the "[" and "]" characters so that they show up.

Compare undeadline[u] with [u]undeadline
[/u][/u]
(06-02-2015, 05:46 PM)Ruby Rose Wrote:

But I sleep and go outside all the time. So I decided to shake things up and habitually check this place all day.

Thank you and everyone else so much though for all this effort. The new forum is shaping up to be really nice.

Very brave of you. I somehow interpreted this as you sleeping outside all the time. Assumption correct?
(06-03-2015, 06:15 AM)Shadowfang Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 05:46 PM)Ruby Rose Wrote:

Very brave of you. I somehow interpreted this as you sleeping outside all the time. assumption correct?

You mean there is a world outside of NAC?!?!?! Huh

Do you suggest we clean out our old posts with things like the troll faces and cookie monsters? Mass lines of jibberish are bad right?
I didn't go outside or get some sleep.

I just stared at the website constantly refreshing the page until your message disappeared... -eye twitches-
Nice job on the move! Just wondering, is there a "go to first unread" button or am I just missing it?
Do you have any idea why 1.8 Dark lacks the features the default has?

I guess my question at the end of the day is: Is there currently a video tag available, cause I can't find it
(06-03-2015, 01:54 PM)Sync Wrote: Nice job on the move! Just wondering, is there a "go to first unread" button or am I just missing it?

Thanks! I'm not sure if there is something exactly like that, but there *is* the portal, which should show some kind of list of new posts since your last visit, based upon your subscriptions, preferences and hair colour.
(06-04-2015, 01:08 AM)ЯeΛɘrzɐႨ Wrote: Do you have any idea why 1.8 Dark lacks the features the default has?

I guess my question at the end of the day is: Is there currently a video tag available, cause I can't find it

I do not know that. I can however glady speculate:
  • The people who made the team didn't add it
  • It actually is there, but the people who made it are hiding it from you
  • It appears when you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start
As to the other question: there is, but you cannot access it in the 1.8 Dark theme, as the "View source"-button is missing. ctrl+shift+s is the shortcut, but that might also not be available in the 1.8 Dark theme.

Love,

Shadow
[+] 2 users Like Shadowfang's post
(06-04-2015, 05:30 AM)Shadowfang Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 01:08 AM)ЯeΛɘrzɐႨ Wrote: Do you have any idea why 1.8 Dark lacks the features the default has?

I do not know that. I can however glady speculate:
  • The people who made the team didn't add it
  • It actually is there, but the people who made it are hiding it from you
  • It appears when you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start
As to the other question: there is, but you cannot access it in the 1.8 Dark theme, as the "View source"-button is missing. ctrl+shift+s is the shortcut, but that might also not be available in the 1.8 Dark theme.

Love,

Shadow
I lack the start button but it must be that,  Tongue 

[video=youtube ][video ] that simple huhn

thanks shadow