Site Donations Open: Announcing our Patreon Page
The fortunate thing about the downtimes is that it's not the whole site going down (e.g., 50X error), but MySQL dying. Assuming me or Shadowfang are around when it happens (and IIRC it happens only on Sundays thanks to Arc-V), it can be restarted in just a minute or two. If it happens again, we can just restart it again, no sweat. (From my experience it doesn't happen more than 2-3 times per Sunday.)

My main concern personally is that once we switch to the $10 server option, we cannot downgrade. So if Patrons drop out and we can't afford $10 for that month (and this is after fees and stuff), NAC is done for. Also, Shadowfang informed me there's the matter of the yearly domain fee too, which we ought to save up for. So I think sticking to $5 might be better, at least for the time being. The more reserve money for hosting/paying back/other shiz, the better, after all. Shadowfang will draft a budget for us so there are no surprises.
If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Site Donations Open: Announcing our Patreon Page - by Arynis - 10-25-2015, 11:42 AM