Do you like the forum? Now you can support us via Tapatalk! + Future Plans
Heart 
Hi everyone!

Shadowfang has informed me that Tapatalk has undergone some changes, meaning that now we get paid some from Tapatalk usage! Tapatalk paid us retroactively for June and July, generating a decent amount of additional revenue, which is helpful alongside Patreon. However, we did not get paid for the other months, meaning some kind of threshold is involved.

This means that sufficient Tapatalk usage also gets us money, which is something to consider if you don't want to / can't support us on Patreon. If you are capable of using Tapatalk on your devices, please consider browsing NAC that way if you'd like to support us.

As a reminder, our Patreon is the following if you wish to support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/neoarkcradle

Right now, our account balance is pretty good, the monthly server fee is sufficiently reached and Shadowfang made some use of the spare money too.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting us so far, be it via Patreon or Tapatalk!

The other announcement is future plans to do as a System Administrator. My university semester ended, freeing up more of my time... or not, because exams. Regardless, I should have more time.

I previously promised I'd go through the smiley suggestion thread and add more smileys. I'll go through the thread sometime and see which ones can be added. For example, I won't add smileys that are too big in terms of file dimensions.

Right now, plugins seem to work as intended, I'll check though if upgrading the plugins is worth it, or if there might be issues caused by upgrading. This might be trickier since while I can upload/upgrade plugins on my own, I'd want Shadowfang around if, god forbid, the forum breaks somehow. Alternately, I could always do a test run via XAMPP first...

On which note, plugin bugs we are aware of, and at the present, can't fix it due to outside circumstances:

-Usernames showing up as #STYLE_USERNAMES_UIDXXXX# when you Like a post, or make a post, and so on. This is a present bug in Style Usernames, and cannot be used due to the plugin itself having merge conflicts (i.e., downgrading or reinstalling is not an option). Refreshing after making a post/liking a post fixes the username display, but the problem persists in other areas of the forum. There's a similar plugin for this purpose, but I don't know if that plugin works well. Currently, we are just waiting for the developer to do something about the plugin.

-Posts getting scrambled when you make a post. Initially I thought this was the cause of MySQL cutting off connections while posts were being made. However, the cause might be tied to a plugin we are using, "While you were typing", which makes a notification if there was a post made while you were viewing the thread, or were working on a post. If you post when the notification was made but didn't refresh the page by Previewing your post first, there's a chance that your post will contain glitches in it (e.g., it/'s). Seems avoidable if you allow the new posts to appear by not posting your post immediately, but Preview it first.

The other plugins should be fine, but if there's a bug not mentioned here, let us know.

We should be fairly covered in terms of functionality, and the forum runs alright with the plugins as well, barring the above mentioned issues. So we are not looking for new plugins for install. Except possibly the ability to report Private Messages.

I'd be more interested in possibly installing more Themes for the forum, since it would be possible to install theme(s) specifically for Patrons, making the donation more worthwhile. However, I lack CSS knowledge, making theme editing extremely limited on our part. i.e., I can get Shadowfang to add the header for simpler plugins, but not extensively edit a theme.

Maybe far, far, far in the future, I will possess enough knowledge to design themes specifically for NAC. Which would be cool. Maybe I'll go master Stride Fusion instead. Tongue Seriously though, maybe. One day.

On the coding side of things, the script for automatic MySQL restart has not been implemented yet. Seeing how the forum hasn't had MySQL crashes recently, this is fairly low priority, but I'll get to implementing it in the future, if only for the challenge, and to have it as a safety measure.

If you guys have any questions or comments, feel free to make a post.
If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.

[+] 3 users Like Arynis's post
Once I get a new Ipad, I'll definitely download the Tapatalk app. I personally can't donate to your Patreon, but I'm glad there's the other option. Looks like everything is going well and I wish everyone at Neo Ark Cradle all the best.
[+] 1 user Likes AISHISU's post
I'd really love to help the forum, but which option is safer? I've got this paranoia when it comes to using my cards online. I have no experience with this Patreon website. How safe is it? in regards to the card of course and in regards to processing private data?
Sekai no Senshi: Standard jigen no Yuzu
Academia no senshi: Yuugo jigen no Serena 
City no Senshi: Synchro jigen no Rin ( It is not Rini! Aki is too awesome to have her name plagiarized!!)
Heartland no Senshi: Xyz jigen no Ruri

You can pay with Paypal if you don't want to give your card information directly to the site. Though, that means giving your card info to Paypal.

These pages should be helpful in regards to explaining how Patreon handles their information:
https://www.patreon.com/legal
https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art...nformation-
https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/cat...25-Patrons Also, for any other questions you may have in regards to pledging.

We get money from Tapatalk through their ads, provided we hit said threshold. Though, that involves ads, if you are icky about them.

Either way, both methods possess a risk, depending on how you look at it. So it's up to you which method you prefer.

Patreon should be pretty safe, even though they have been attacked before, but no private data has been collected. You can donate a set amount of money, lowest is $1. With Tapatalk, we get money based on how much our site is browsed via Tapatalk. If there's not enough usage, we won't hit the threshold and get the money.

Becoming our Patron gets you a special username color and access to a Patron only subforum. In the future, I'm planning to look into granting Patrons exclusive forum themes as well, but that's dependent on how much CSS I learn over time, in case theme customization is required. Either way, we're pretty open to suggestions in regards to what to grant Patrons for their support (provided it's doable with the forum software).

Tapatalk users get, well... being able to browse the forum conveniently on their devices and a big thank you from us. The passive support is just a nice extra alongside Patreon.

[+] 1 user Likes Arynis's post
(12-15-2015, 11:28 AM)Arynis Wrote: You can pay with Paypal if you don't want to give your card information directly to the site. Though, that means giving your card info to Paypal.

These pages should be helpful in regards to explaining how Patreon handles their information:
https://www.patreon.com/legal
https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art...nformation-
https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/cat...25-Patrons Also, for any other questions you may have in regards to pledging.

We get money from Tapatalk through their ads, provided we hit said threshold. Though, that involves ads, if you are icky about them.

Either way, both methods possess a risk, depending on how you look at it. So it's up to you which method you prefer.

Patreon should be pretty safe, even though they have been attacked before, but no private data has been collected. You can donate a set amount of money, lowest is $1. With Tapatalk, we get money based on how much our site is browsed via Tapatalk. If there's not enough usage, we won't hit the threshold and get the money.

Becoming our Patron gets you a special username color and access to a Patron only subforum. In the future, I'm planning to look into granting Patrons exclusive forum themes as well, but that's dependent on how much CSS I learn over time, in case theme customization is required. Either way, we're pretty open to suggestions in regards to what to grant Patrons for their support (provided it's doable with the forum software).

Tapatalk users get, well... being able to browse the forum conveniently on their devices and a big thank you from us. The passive support is just a nice extra alongside Patreon.

Thank you so much for the info. It's much appreciated it. I find it of top priority to help the forums as much a possible. From the looks of it, I'll be making a pledge on Patron as I have no experience with Paypal. I do all my online shopping using Amazon, which does not require payments to go thru paypal Smile
City no Senshi: Synchro jigen no Rin ( It is not Rini! Aki is too awesome to have her name plagiarized!!)

[+] 1 user Likes Ice's post
You're welcome! If you (or anyone else, for the matter) have questions or comments in regards to the forum support, or anything else I wrote about, feel free to post, or PM, depending on your preferences.

And thank you for your support! Smile

You are mostly welcome Smile
I think I speak for most of us when I say that we are indebted for the forums Smile
Quick question....are debit cards accepted? or does it have to be a credit card?

I'm glad you feel that way, that makes us happy to hear. Big Grin

Quick googling around got me this on debit cards:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/309237
https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art...-pledge-to-

Sounds like the answer is yes. Smile

Not at all. I am thankful for everything Smile

And awesome. I will make a pledge now Smile

Thank you very much! Here's your shiny username. Big Grin

Oh so I take it the payment was a success? Yay
And thank you so much! (kinda wish it was yellow hehe) but still...thanks for everything <3

Yes, it was!

It's bright orange since Patreon's color is orange, so we felt it was fitting for Patrons too. Big Grin

I am glad to hear that.

Oh, I see. Well, given how I'm a little bit color blind...the color does look like gold yellow-ish to me so it is a win win anyway :3

[+] 1 user Likes Ice's post