Forum Warning System Update
Exclamation 
Hi everyone!

As I previously said, our warning system has been updated after discussing it with the rest of the Staff. We felt the previous warning expiration dates were too short and thus too lenient, so we increased the expiration dates. The new values are the following:

[Image: mSDjweW.png]

Everything else is unchanged - warning levels stay the same, so do temporary ban times. No new warnings have been added.

Forum Warnings and Levels thread for the full system overview here: http://neoarkcradle.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4903

Other forum changes:

I have enabled the Stop Forum Spam integration in our forum settings. I have kept everything at the default settings for now, I've also set it to check for emails, usernames and IP addresses. I don't know how effective this change will be, I am hoping it will help catch a spammer or two.

Regarding the user registration setting changes, I've run into a bit of a snag regarding CAPTCHA - I'll have to run it through Shadowfang first. As soon as that is sorted out, I'll be switching user registration to require email verification only, rather than the current admin verification + email verification setting. I don't want to open the floodgates on spambots until the CAPTCHA issue is sorted out (especially in case Stop Forum Spam isn't helping as much as I think it would), so please bear with us a bit longer with the old system!

If anyone has any questions on concerns, feel free to ask and comment! Smile
If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.

[+] 1 user Likes Arynis's post
Addendum: Any warning that was handed out prior to this change expire under the old rules.

For reference (click the spoiler tag):

If you need to get in touch with me, please seek me out in the NAC Discord.