Regarding the Arc-V 46 Thread and the Forum's Warning System
Quote: I'm just saying, the staff skirting the line because they believes Terror is skirting some sort of line breeds distrust and sets a precedent for other members that if you piss the mods off then your days are numbered, whether you're doing anything wrong or not.
Trolling is inherently a subjective, non-objective, problem. It literally works on the adage of "I know it when I see it" (i.e. A Duck/Elephant Test). There can't be a hard line of what constitutes trolling. Because then the troll can be allowed to skirt a line but never go over it of "I'm not touching you" when the behavior is clearly meant to cause trouble. Restraining ourselves to a hard metric while the forum is plagued with problem members would be ludicrous if members report a person, but said problem member is intentionally avoiding stepping over that last inch of the line, and the staff is forced to go "According to my measuring stick it isn't good enough, even though they're clearly instigating a situation."

As to TerrorKing. You would have to ask what specifically Mystik and Yami believed constituted his behavior within the last year as trolling, as neither Mako, Arynis nor I had anything to do with warning or banning him.

Quote:Meanwhile, Ark lacks charismatic authority
I'm inherently an introvert, I'll admit this.
Ark Links To Stuff
Duel Academy R:2, a Yu-Gi-Oh! RPG || Arkadia Works || The Organization || Lapse (A Webcomic)

If you didn't have such strong ideas about where the story should go, you wouldn't end up so disappointed when the writers have other ideas.

[Image: JsoS3.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Regarding the Arc-V 46 Thread and the Forum's Warning Sy - by NeoArkadia - 03-17-2015, 10:41 AM